Senegal – West Africa
Impact and Partnerships
Assisting an NGO on the ground in Senegal assess its impact and strengthen its partnerships
Handicap International (HI) personnel on the ground, HI beneficiaries, multiple local and national associations
Handicap International is known for its leading role in the fight against landmines around the world, and for helping the victims of those mines. Undertaken in cooperation with local partners, HI’s projects aim to ensure that their partners can function independently. HI invited Lucie Bourgeois to Senegal to gather first-hand information on the NGO’s social impact and observe the way it trains and supports it partners.
- Meet with personnel on the ground and HI’s beneficiaries
- Visit contaminated sites to learn more about the different methods of decontamination
- Meet with the beneficiaries of the educational programs
- Visit recipients of microcredit designed to help people experiencing difficulty reintegrate into the job market.
- Visits with national and local associations and with government officials to assess the work done by Handicap International for persons in difficulty
- A better understanding of Handicap International’s impact on the everyday life of beneficiaries
- Consolidation of partnerships through dialogue
For More Information